Chocolate-mint cookie thinsBy Chatelaine
Part cookie, part chocolate bar and all delicious, this easy treat is even prettier when decorated with candied sprinkles.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 4 tsp water
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 200-g pkg chocolate wafers , about 24
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp refined coconut oil
- candied sprinkles , optional
- LINE 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- BEAT icing sugar with butter, water and peppermint in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, until combined. Mixture may look crumbly. Knead mixture on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar until smooth. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick. Cut out rounds with a 2 1/4-in. cutter, rerolling scraps if needed. Press a round lightly onto each wafer, bottom-side up. Arrange on a wire rack.
- MICROWAVE chocolate with coconut oil in a small bowl, stirring halfway through, until almost smooth, 1 min. Continue stirring until melted.
- USING 2 forks, dip each chocolate wafer into chocolate until coated. Shake off any excess chocolate. Arrange on prepared sheets. Top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour. Serve chilled.
- Shopping Tip: Refined (unflavoured) coconut oil is best used for this and our other no-bake recipes.
How to make ginger-molasses stack cookies
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 18 g,
- 7 g,
- 1 g,
- 35 mg.