Strawberry sheet pan pie
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS 1 1/2 hours chilling time
Photo, Erik Putz.
, hulled, halved and quartered
, beaten with 1 tsp water
- PASTRY: Whirl flour and salt in a food processor. Add butter and whirl until coarse crumbs form. Add sour cream and yolk. Whirl just until dough starts to come together. Press and form into a ball. Remove one-third of dough and shape into a small log. Shape remaining dough into a larger log. Wrap both with plastic wrap and flatten. Refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- POSITION oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 375F. Roll larger log into an 11 × 14-in. rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Press onto a 9 ×13-in. baking pan and at least 1 1/2 in. up sides of pan. Freeze for 15 min. Roll smaller log into a 10 × 14-in. rectangle. Cut a few slits in the dough. Refrigerate for 15 min.
- FILLING Toss strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl until well coated. Transfer filling to bottom crust, spreading evenly. Cover with remaining dough, tucking in and crimping the edges. Refrigerate for 15 min. Brush dough with beaten egg, then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- BAKE pie in lower third of oven until the crust is golden and juices are bubbling, about 1 hr. Cool completely before slicing, about 2 1/2 hr.
Chatelaine Quenchers: How to make strawberry sangria
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 31 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 119 mg.