Stout ice creamBy Chatelaine
No need for an ice cream maker: Turns out all that's required to make incredible homemade ice cream is three ingredients and a freezer.
- 500-mL can stout , such as Guinness
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- BOIL stout in a small saucepan over medium-high until reduced to 2 tbsp, 15 to 25 min. (Check and stir frequently during last 10 min to make sure it doesn’t burn.) Cool syrup completely.
- BEAT cream in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until soft peaks form, 2 to 4 min. Reduce speed to low and beat in sweetened condensed milk until just combined. Mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
- SCRAPE mixture into a resealable container. Freeze until firm, 6 hours.
How to make 3-ingredient chocolate ice cream
[brightcove id=’4837791356001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]