Updated May 31, 2017Chatelaine
active dry yeast, (2 tsp)
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp
granulated sugar, divided
3 1/4 cups
PC Unsalted Country Churned Butter, softened
2 to 3 tbsp
- DOUGH: Stir yeast, warm water and 1 tsp sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let stand until frothy, 10 min. Whisk in warm milk, melted butter and egg until combined. Add flour, sugar and salt. Beat on medium, until dough is smooth and pulls cleanly away from the bottom and sides of bowl, 5 to 6 min. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, 60 to 90 min.
- FILLING: Beat butter, sugar and cinnamon in a clean bowl of a stand mixer on medium until combined. Beat in cold brew, 1 tbsp at a time, until smooth.
- ROLL dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12 × 9-in. rectangle. Spread butter mixture evenly over dough to the edges. Tightly roll dough in jelly roll fashion, then cut into 8 rolls. Arrange in a 9 -in. oven-safe frying pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 60 min.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Bake until dark golden, 25 to 30 min. Let stand for 10 min.
- ICING: Beat cream cheese and butter in a clean bowl of a stand mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in icing sugar and salt on medium-low until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat in cold brew, 1 tbsp at a time, until smooth. Spoon over warm buns.
Weekend baking: How to make cinnamon buns