Skillet chocolate chip cookieBy Chatelaine
1 h 15 min
A twist on a classic, this giant cookie is great for dinner parties.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream , (optional)
- ARRANGE rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat to 350F. In a medium bowl, use a fork to stir flour with baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy, about 1 min. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- SPRAY a 12-in. oven-safe frying pan with oil. Scrape dough into pan, pressing evenly to the edges.
- BAKE in bottom third of oven until cookie is golden, about 35 min. Remove to a heatproof surface and let stand for 15 min. Cut into wedges and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Chatelaine Quickies: Skillet chocolate chip cookie
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 82 g,
- 37 g,
- 3 g,
- 340 mg.
- Excellent source of