Roasted plumsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
We love this seasonal fruit, which can be enjoyed on its own or used to liven up any number of breakfasts and desserts.
- 8 plums , halved and pitted
- 1 vanilla bean , halved lengthwise, or 2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- PREHEAT oven to 375F.
- SCRAP seeds from vanilla bean and rub seeds with sugar in a 9×13-in. baking pan. Add water, lemon juice and salt, stirring to combine.
- ADD plums to dish, tossing until coated. Turn cut-side up.
- ROAST, flipping plums halfway, until tender and juicy, about 25 min. Let cool in pan. Serve with our classic French toast, Dutch baby pancake, yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
- Kitchen Tip: For spicier notes, add a cinnamon stick, 2 whole star anise or 2 cloves to the pan before roasting.
How to braise pears in red wine
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 19 g,
- 2 g,
- 73 mg.