Rhubarb cranachanBy Chatelaine
Our take on a traditional Scottish dessert! Whipped cream, whiskey, poached rhubarb and a sweet-crisp oat topping make this cranachan irresistible.
- 1/2 cup large-flake oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Poached Rhubarb , (recipe link below)
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 1/2 cup 35% cream , optional
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- STIR oats, sugar and butter in a small bowl. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and bake until golden, 10 to 15 min. Cool completely.
- STIR rhubarb with whisky in a bowl.
- DIVIDE rhubarb mixture among 4 glasses. Layer with whipped cream and sprinkle with oat mixture.
Chatelaine Quickies: Poached rhubarb
[bc_video video_id=”5474380236001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 36 g,
- 17 g,
- 2 g,
- 17 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin A