Photography, Erik Putz. Food Styling, Dara Sutin. Prop Styling, Krystin Leigh Smith.
1 3/4 cups
, (210 g)
, (60 g)
, thawed (about 1 cup)
, (from 4 or 5 lemons)
2 1/2 cups
, (470 g)
, (70 g)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350F. Line a 9 × 13-in. baking pan with parchment, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Crust: Whirl flour, icing sugar, zest and salt in a food processor. Pulse in butter just until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over bottom of prepared pan, then firmly press down. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 min.
- Filling: Meanwhile, whirl cranberries with lemon juice in same food processor until smooth. (No need to clean the bowl first.) Add eggs, sugar and flour and whirl until combined. Let mixture stand for 10 min. Spoon off and discard any foamy bubbles on top of mixture.
- Remove pan from oven and set on a heatproof surface. Reduce oven temperature to 300F. Pour lemon mixture through a sieve onto hot crust. Return to oven and bake until filling is slightly jiggly but set, 25 to 30 min.
- Transfer to a rack and cool completely, about 1 hr. Refrigerate for at least 2 hr to set filling.
- Cut into 24 squares. Squares can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Garnish: Dust with icing sugar and top with thin lemon slices before serving, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 31 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 45 mg.
Lining your baking pan with parchment will allow you to easily transfer pink lemonade squares to a rack for cooling.