No-bake summer fruit tartsBy Chatelaine
This easy, beautiful and delicious creamy fruit tart is our favourite no-cook summer dessert.
- 4 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 5 tbsp honey , divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups assorted fruit, such as figs, blackberries, plums and cherries
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp lime zest
- SPRAY 6 4-in. tart pans (with removable bottoms) with oil. Line the bottoms with parchment. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- STIR cookie crumbs with butter in a medium bowl until moist. Scoop 1/2 cup crumb mixture into each pan. Firmly press up the edges until crust is even with rim. Scoop 3 more tbsp into each pan, and press down to cover bottom. Freeze until very firm, at least 1 hour.
- BEAT mascarpone with cream, 4 tbsp honey and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 min.
- STIR remaining 1 tbsp honey with water and fruit in a medium bowl until glossy. 5. Carefully remove firm tart shells from pan by pressing removable bottom up and out from ring. Peel off parchment. Set shells on serving plates. Pipe or spoon mascarpone mixture into shells. Top with fruit. Drizzle with fruit syrup. Sprinkle with pistachios and lime zest.
Make smaller tarts by scooping 3 tbsp crumb mixture into cupcake liners set in a muffin tin, then firmly pressing from centre of liner to edges and up the sides until crust is even with rim. Freeze until firm, then fill with mascarpone cream and fruit just before serving. Makes 18 to 20.
How to pit cherries
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 72 g,
- 81 g,
- 5 g,
- 385 mg.