Updated Dec 5, 2018Chatelaine
- WHIRL cookies in a food processor until fine. (Crumbs should measure about 11/2 cups.)
- WHISK crumbs with spices and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in cookie butter until mixture resembles wet sand.
- SCOOP scant 1 tbsp portions and form each into a ball. Arrange on 2 large plates. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 min.
- LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper. Temper chocolate and cacao butter.
- REMOVE 1 plate of truffles from refrigerator. Using 2 forks, dip balls in chocolate until coated. Shake off excess chocolate. Arrange on prepared sheet. Top each with 1 piece of ginger. Repeat with remaining plate of truffles and chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is firm, about 30 min.
Kitchen Tip: Store in a covered container up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 1 month.
Kitchen Tip: Up your cookie game with gem-shaped silicone moulds. Omit forming cookie crumbs into balls. Pour tempered chocolate into moulds, then flip over, scraping off excess chocolate. Let stand until firm, about 30 min. Fill with cookie crumbs about three-quarters full. Re-temper chocolate and pour overtop until moulds are filled. Let stand until firm, then pop out of moulds.
NutritionCalories 134, Protein 1 g, Carbohydrates 14 g, Fat 9 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 83 mg.
How to make ginger-molasses stack cookies