Updated Aug 17, 2017Chatelaine
- WHISK sugar, custard powder and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in milk and cream and bring to a boil over medium, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick, 6 to 8 min. Remove from heat. Whisk in condensed milk and vanilla.
- TRANSFER to a bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface. Set over an ice bath to cool for 20 min. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hr.
- DIVIDE cream mixture among cups. Freeze 60 to 90 min. Insert 2 Popsicle sticks into each cup, evenly spacing them 1-in. apart in centre. Freeze until firm, at least 8 hr, preferably overnight.
- CHOCOLATE Coating: Melt chocolate chips, coconut oil and corn syrup in a small bowl over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Remove from heat and scrape chocolate into a liquid measuring cup.
- WORKING with 1 pop at a time and using a sharp serrated knife, cut the cup and the pop in half down the centre between sticks. Remove the paper and dip in chocolate coating, spooning chocolate all over pop to coat. Immediately dip in graham crumbs and coconut to coat. Return to freezer to set, about 5 min.
Kitchen Tip: An ice bath is a combo of water and ice. It is used to cool food down quickly. Fill a large metal bowl halfway with cold water just before you need it. Add enough ice cubes or crushed ice so water will not overflow when the custard bowl is put into the ice bath.
Watch: How to Make Ice Cream Pops