Mini Lemon Bundt CakesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
2 hrs 15 min
Everyone gets their own cake! These pretty, citrus-infused treats taste as sweet and fresh as the new season.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour , (150 g)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar , (144 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs , at room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar , (200 g)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 or 2 drops pink or red liquid food colouring , (optional)
- 1/2 tsp lemon thyme , leaves (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350F. Spray a 6-mould mini bundt pan with non-stick flour-based baking spray.
- Cake: Stir flour with granulated sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs with oil, buttermilk and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in lemon juice. Divide
batter evenly between bundt moulds.
- Bake until tops are golden and a cake tester inserted in centre of cakes comes out clean, 30 to 32 min. Transfer to a rack and cool completely, about 1 hr.
- Invert pan to release cooled cakes onto rack. Set the rack over a baking sheet.
- Glaze: Stir icing sugar with 2 tbsp lemon juice, food colouring and lemon thyme leaves until smooth. Stir in remaining lemon juice, 1 tsp at a time, until it forms a thick but drizzly consistency (you may not need all of the lemon juice). Drizzle over bundt cakes. Sprinkle with more lemon zest and lemon thyme leaves, if desired. Let stand until glaze is firm, about 30 min.
Using a non-stick flour-based baking spray, such as Pam, is essential to ensure the cakes release easily from the smaller, sharper crevices in the pan.