Milk Punch Marble CakeBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This twist on tres leches cake can be shaken up in no time with store-bought pound cake. Caribbean milk punch is a silky, booze-forward drink studded with grated coconut—an eggless eggnog you can drink year-round without shame. This recipe is courtesy of Zeke Goodwin, a Toronto-based food stylist and pastry chef. And if you have the time, bake the marble cake, too!
- 1 store-bought marble pound cake , (or homemade version, see below)
- 3 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 oz 35% cream
- 2 oz rum
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 500-mL tub whipped topping
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut , toasted
- Cut six 1-in.-thick slices of cake; place in bowls. Reserve leftover cake for another use.
- Cocktail: Add condensed milk, cream, rum, bourbon and nutmeg to a cocktail shaker or jar; shake until well combined. Pour on and around cake slices.
- Add a dollop of whipped topping to each. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately.