Jam Swirl Mini CheesecakesBy Chatelaine
1 h 45 min
End your brunch on a sweet note with these jam-infused cheesecake cups.—Irene Ngo
- 1 cup (137 g) graham-cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 250-g pkgs cream cheese , softened
- 2/3 cup (128 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup store-bought berry or peach jam , at room temperature, strained
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 325F. Line one 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Crust: Stir crumbs and butter in a small bowl until crumbs are moist. Divide evenly among paper liners. Press down firmly and evenly.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-low, scraping down sides occasionally, until very smooth, 4 min. Beat in sugar until combined, 1 to 2 min. Beat in eggs on low speed. Beat in sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth. Divide batter evenly among liners.
- Whisk jam in a small bowl until loosened. Spoon small drops overfilling. Gently pull the tip of a skewer or toothpick through drops to create small swirls. Bake until filling is set, 24 min. Transfer to a rack and let cool for 15 min. Transfer cheesecakes to rack and let cool completely. Cheesecakes will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
A silicone muffin mould brushed with melted butter will increase your chances of a perfectly turned-out cheesecake. Let cool completely and run the thin edge of a spatula around each cheesecake before popping it out.
Switch it up
If you prefer bars, spray a 9 × 9-in. metal baking pan with oil, then line with parchment, leaving overhang on 2 sides. For crust, increase graham cracker crumbs to 1 1⁄2 cups and melted butter to 1⁄2 cup. Prepare crust and press firmly and evenly onto bottom of pan. Bake at 325F for 12 to 15 min. Meanwhile, prepare filling. Pour into warm crust, then swirl in jam. Bake until filling is set, 30 to 35 min. Let cool completely on a rack, about 1 hr. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Cut into bars.