- Coat four 5- to 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chocolate chips and chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Or place the butter in the inner pot, then press Sauté and use the Sauté or Adjust button to select the lowest temperature (“Less”). Wait for the butter to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter to the chocolate and stir until well combined. (If you used the inner pot to melt the butter, wash it.)
- Add the confectioner’s sugar and use a fork to mix until no streaks remain. Add the eggs and egg yolks and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix gently with a rubber spatula until no streaks remain.
- Coat a spoon with nonstick cooking spray and use it to fill each ramekin with batter halfway. Spray a 1-teaspoon measuring spoon with nonstick cooking spray and place 1 teaspoon of dulce de leche in the center of the batter, then cover with the remaining batter. (The batter should cover the dulce de leche but will not fill the ramekins.)
- Place the steaming rack on the bottom of the inner pot and pour the water into the inner pot. Place the ramekins on the steaming rack, tilting them slightly if necessary to fit them. Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the ramekins. (It’s not necessary to cover the ramekins tightly; the foil is there to prevent water from dripping onto the cakes.)
- Close and lock the lid. Set the valve to Sealing. Press Manual or Pressure Cook and use the Pressure or Pressure Level button to select High Pressure. Use the – or + button to set the time to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle ends, carefully use a wooden spoon to release the pressure by turning the pressure-release valve to Venting. (The pressure is released when the small metal float valve next to the pressure-release valve sinks back into the lid and the lid is no longer locked.)
- Press Cancel and remove the lid. Carefully remove the foil with tongs, trying to avoid spilling water on the cakes. Allow the cakes to cool in the appliance for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins and dust the top of each cake with confectioners’ sugar before serving warm.
Excerpted from How to Instant Pot: Mastering All the Functions of the One Pot That Will Change the Way You Cook by Daniel Shumski. Copyright © 2017. Photographs © Ken Carlson. Used with permission of Workman Publishing.