Milk Chocolate Pudding: replace dark chocolate with milk chocolate. Decrease sugar to1/3 cup, increase cornstarch to 1/3 cup and increase salt to 1/2 tsp. Continue with recipe. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
Chocolate puddingBy Chatelaine
Why buy the plastic cups when the homemade stuff is so much better? Top this smooth and creamy treat with whipped cream and chocolate shavings for a decadent flourish.
- 3 cups 3.25% milk , divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- HEAT 2 ½ cups milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan set over medium, stirring until sugar dissolves and bubbles start to form around the sides of the pan, about 5 min. Add chocolate and stir constantly until chocolate is melted, 4 min. Remove from heat.
- WHISK yolks, cocoa, cornstarch and remaining ½ cup milk in a medium bowl. Whisk constantly while quickly adding one-third of hot chocolate mixture. Pour mixture back into the pot and set over medium.
- WHISKING constantly, bring the pudding to a gentle boil and continue to stir until it thickens, 1 to 2 min. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large shallow bowl. Place plastic wrap directly onto pudding to prevent skin forming and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Remove plastic wrap and gently stir pudding before serving in ramekins.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make chocolate pudding
[bc_video video_id=”5323272332001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 30 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 116 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12