Gingersnap cookiesBy Chatelaine
1 h 40 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp fancy molasses
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup coarse sugar
- WHISK flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 3 min. Add egg and molasses and beat until combined, then beat in fresh ginger. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Refrigerate at least 1 hr or overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F, then line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- SCOOP out 1-tbsp portions of dough and roll into balls. Coat with coarse sugar and arrange 2 in. apart on prepared sheets.
- BAKE until browned, 11 to 13 min. Let cool for 5 min, then transfer to a rack to cool. Cookies will keep well for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 10 g,
- 4 g,
- 63 mg.