Dairy-free molasses cakeBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
We partnered with President's Choice to create amazing dishes that celebrate flavours we love from across Canada.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup PC 100% Pure First-Pressed Canola Oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup PC Pure Fancy Molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp PC Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Newfoundland Screech rum , (optional)
- 2 tubs PC Dairy-Free Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Newfoundland Screech rum
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Spray a 9 × 13-in. baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- WHISK flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pepper and cloves in a large bowl. Whisk oil, brown sugar, molasses, honey, eggs and vanilla in another bowl. Whisk into flour mixture until just combined. Whisk in boiling water.
- SCRAPE into prepared pan and bake until a cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 min. Brush with ¼ cup rum, then let cool completely, about 1 hr. Cut into 24 squares.
- GLAZE: Whisk icing sugar and rum in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over squares.
- TOP with coconut milk frozen dessert.
How to make ginger-molasses stack cookies
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 42 g,
- 12 g,
- 1 g,
- 162 mg.