Coconut cake with bourbon butter icing
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Baking Time: 30 minutes
yellow, white or spice
, whiskey or rum
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spread coconut on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until golden, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Adjust oven to temperature on cake mix package. Prepare cake according to directions for a 9×13 inch (3 L) baking dish.
- When mixed, fold in 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted coconut until blended. Evenly spread in pan. Bake according to package directions. Place pan on a rack.
- Brush cake top with 1 tbsp (15 mL) bourbon. Cool completely before frosting. Stir vanilla icing with remaining bourbon. Spread over cake and sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2.9 g,
- 62 g,
- 14 g,
- 0.7 g,
- 317 mg.