Updated Nov 8, 2016Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- STIR flour with salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, until smooth, 1 min. Gradually stir in half of flour mixture, until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture, kneading with your hands, until dough forms a ball.
- SCOOP dough and roll into 1-in. balls. Arrange on prepared sheets, 1 in. apart. Cookies will spread as they bake.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until edges have set, 15 to 17 min. Leave on sheet for 5 min, then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
How to roll icebox cookie dough