Chuck Hughes’ No-Bake Cheesecake RecipeBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
8 individual cheesecakes
Substitute goat cheese for cream cheese.
- 2 cups finely ground ginger snap cookies
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 11 ounces goat cheese , softened
- 2 cups fresh sliced local strawberries
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Lightly grease, line with saran wrap 8x 4 oz. ramekins
- In a food processor, pulse the gingersnap cookies until broken down into a course mixture. Add in brown sugar and butter and mix until moist crumbs form. Transfer to baking pan, spread to the edges and press down firmly to make the crust. Place the pan in the freezer to chill while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip together the cream and vanilla for 2-3 minutes until thick peaks form. Add the honey and goat cheese and whisk until incorporated. Scoop the mixture into prepared ramekins and spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
- About 30 minutes before serving the cheesecake, in a small bowl, toss the sliced strawberries with sugar, let stand.
- Remove cheesecake from the fridge and unmold from the ramekins. Place the sliced strawberries on top. For an added garnish, add a chunk of honeycomb on top. Serve.