Coconut macaroonsBy Chatelaine
Chewy coconut confections no one will be able to resist.
- 2 egg whites , at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 200-g pkgs sweetened shredded coconut , about 3 cups
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Beat egg whites and salt in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high until frothy, about 1 min. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted, about 4 min. Fold in vanilla and coconut. Mound 2-tbsp portions of coconut mixture onto parchment, about 1 in. apart.
- Bake until edges of macaroons are golden, 18 to 20 min. Let cool 5 min, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Store macaroons in an airtight container at room temperature up to a week.
- To make chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons: Chop 170 g chocolate (1 cup) and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring every 30 sec until almost melted, 2 to 3 min. Remove and stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of cooled macaroons in chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet until chocolate sets.
How to make chia-coconut pudding
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 15 g,
- 9 g,
- 1 g,
- 108 mg.