Updated Nov 24, 2014Chatelaine
1 1/2 cups
cocoa powder, preferably Fry's
1/2 to 1 tsp
grated fresh ginger, or ginger juice
kosher salt, or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with oil.
- Sift flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, cayenne and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in both sugars, oil, ginger juice and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop 6 portions of dough onto each baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with the bottom of the measuring cup. Sprinkle dough with salt or sugar.
- Bake 1 pan at a time in centre of oven until cookies start to crack, 11 to 13 min. They should still be fudgy in the middle. Cool on racks.
Why we love it: The tickle of Mexican cayenne, which makes these delectable cookies especially addictive.