Why we love it: The tickle of Mexican cayenne, which makes these delectable cookies especially addictive.
Tacofino's chocolate diablo cookiesBy Chatelaine
Kaeli Robinsong is behind the B.C. Tacofino truck - bringing Baja-style tacos and sweet treats to the West Coast.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder , preferably Fry's
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp grated fresh ginger , or ginger juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt , or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with oil.
- Sift flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, cayenne and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in both sugars, oil, ginger juice and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop 6 portions of dough onto each baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with the bottom of the measuring cup. Sprinkle dough with salt or sugar.
- Bake 1 pan at a time in centre of oven until cookies start to crack, 11 to 13 min. They should still be fudgy in the middle. Cool on racks.
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 5 g,
- 60 g,
- 15 g,
- 4 g,
- 255 mg.