1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tsp
2 1/2 cups
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 350F. Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in butter- milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk in flour mixture until just combined. Whisk in hot coffee until smooth.
- Divide among prepared cups and bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of cupcake comes out clean, 17 to 20 min. Let cool in pan for 5 min. Remove cupcakes to a rack and let cool completely.
- Icing: Beat butter in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium until smooth, 1 min. Beat in peanut butter for 1 min. Gradually beat in icing sugar and salt, and beat on medium-high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 4 min. Fill icing into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe on cooled cup- cakes. Alternatively, you can use the back of a spoon to frost cupcakes. Decorate each one with a mini peanut butter cup.
Nutrition (per piece)
- 5 g,
- 36 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 224 mg.
Kitchen Tip: Use a star tip fitted in a pastry bag for a swirled top, or use an offset spatula or back of spoon for a quick frosted finish.
Kitchen Tip: Garnish with chopped mini peanut butter cups for extra flair!
Kitchen Tip: Swap out hot coffee for hot decaf coffee.