Updated Apr 13, 2018Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- WHISK flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Whisk in flour mixture until just combined. Whisk in hot coffee until smooth.
- DIVIDE among prepared cups and bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of cupcake comes out clean, 17 to 20 min. Let cool in pan for 5 min. Remove cupcakes to a rack and let cool completely.
- ICING: Beat butter in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium until smooth, 1 min. Beat in peanut butter for 1 min. Gradually beat in icing sugar and salt and beat on medium-high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 4 min. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Kitchen Tip: Use a star tip fitted in a pastry bag for a swirled top, or use an offset spatula or back of spoon for a quick frosted finish.
Kitchen Tip: Garnish with chopped mini peanut butter cups for extra flair!
Kitchen Tip: Swap out hot coffee for hot decaf coffee.
NutritionCalories 284, Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 36 g, Fat 15 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 224 mg.
How to decorate cupcakes