Chewy chocolate-coconut barsBy Chatelaine
2 hrs 5 min
Once you add these homemade bars to your holiday repertoire, there's no going back. Delicious and oh-so-easy to make, we think they may just be the start of a new holiday tradition.
- 2 cups unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- LINE a 9 × 5-in. loaf pan with overhanging plastic wrap. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- WHIRL coconut with icing sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Continue whirling, gradually adding corn syrup through the spout, until mixture starts to come away from sides of bowl. Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Press with the bottom of a measuring cup until top is even. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 45 min. Discard wrap and invert coconut onto cutting board, then cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 3/4-in.-wide rectangles. You should have 20 bars. Put bars in refrigerator.
- MICROWAVE chocolate with coconut oil in a small bowl until almost melted, 1 min. Stir until smooth. Take 5 bars from the refrigerator. Using 2 forks, dip each bar into chocolate until coated, then lay on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining bars, dipping in batches.
- REFRIGERATE until chocolate is firm, 1 hour. Trim edges with a paring knife. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, up to 1 week.
How to melt chocolate using a double-boiler
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 19 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 26 mg.