Dark-chocolate cherry cordialsBy Chatelaine
1 h 35 min
These tempting truffles add an eye-catching flourish to the dessert table, and with their sweet cherry centre, they'll disappear in no time.
- 2 cups chopped dark chocolate , about 2 170-g pkgs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tsp orange liqueur , such as Grand Marnier
- 24 maraschino cherries , stems removed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- COMBINE chocolate with butter and liqueur in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring halfway through, 1 to 2 min. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Refrigerate until chocolate is slightly firm, about 1 hour.
- LINE a baking sheet with foil.
- PAT cherries dry with paper towels. Scoop 1 scant tbsp chocolate mixture into the palm of your hand. Flatten chocolate, then place a cherry in the centre. Wrap cherry with chocolate, then roll into a ball. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining chocolate and cherries. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 min. Toss cordials with cocoa powder in a bowl until well coated. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, up to 1 week.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 9 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 4 mg.