Love this recipe for chocolate-beet brownies? Try our chocolate-zucchini muffins for another way to sneak vegetables into your baking!
Chocolate-Beet BrowniesBy Chatelaine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 225 g chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups peeled and grated raw beets
- WHISK flour with cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- MICROWAVE chocolate in a small bowl until melted, about 1 min. Stir in canola oil until smooth.
- WHISK eggs with granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- WHISK in chocolate mixture, then fold in flour mixture and 2 cups grated beets until just combined. Scrape into an oiled 8 × 8-in. metal baking pan.
- BAKE at 325F until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, 45 to 50 min. Cool on a rack before cutting into squares.