Chocolate-almond cretzelsBy Chatelaine
- 1 450-g pkg frozen butter puff pastry , thawed
- 1 egg
- mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- PREHEAT oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Unroll puff pastry on a cutting board and cut crosswise into 8 even strips. Beat egg with water in a bowl, then brush over 4 of the strips. Sprinkle 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips down centre of brushed strips. Cover with remaining strips, pressing down. Twist each into a 14-in.-long rope. Form into heart-shaped pretzels, pinching bottoms to create a point on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet, then brush with more egg wash.
- BAKE until golden, about 20 min. Let cool slightly, 5 min. Microwave milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring halfway, 30 to 60 sec. Drizzle cretzels with chocolate and sprinkle with almonds. Let cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and drizzle with more chocolate.
Watch: How to make chocolate-almond cretzels
[bc_video video_id=”5321604414001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]