Chestnut-marzipan rum ballsBy Chatelaine
1 h 35 min
The flavours of chestnut and almond marry beautifully. A little flaky salt adds crunch and contrast.
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 100-g pkgs roasted chestnuts , patted dry
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 225-g pkg semi-sweet chocolate , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp flaked sea salt , such as Maldon
- WHIRL almonds with icing sugar in a food processor until very finely ground. Add chestnuts, rum and salt. Whirl until mixture starts to come together. Scrape into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until marzipan is not sticky to the touch.
- LINE a baking sheet with parchment. Scoop out 2-tsp portions of marzipan mixture. Use lightly damp hands to roll into balls. Arrange 1 in. apart on prepared sheet. Freeze until firm, about
- MICROWAVE chocolate with coconut oil in a small bowl until almost melted, 1 min. Stir until smooth.
- USING 2 forks to hold a ball, coat with chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off, then return to baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with a few flakes of salt (chocolate will firm up very quickly). Repeat with remaining balls. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 5 days.
How to melt chocolate using a double-boiler
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 12 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 19 mg.