Updated Mar 16, 2018Chatelaine
1 1/4 cup
butter, at room temperature
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a 9×13-in. baking pan with parchment, letting it overhang the pan.
- BEAT butter with 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium, until creamy. Beat in flour, 1 tbsp lemon zest and salt until combined. Press dough over bottom of prepared pan. Bake in centre of oven until edges are golden, 25 to 30 min.
- COMBINE blueberries with brown sugar, 2 tbsp lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan, and set over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until berries are just soft, 8 to 10 min. Set aside to cool.
- BEAT cream cheese with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium, until smooth. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Scrape mixture into warm crust and smooth top. Dollop blueberry mixture all over top. Gently pull a knife tip through the top to create swirls.
- BAKE in centre of oven until filling is set, about 40 min. Transfer to a rack to cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing into 16 bars.
Tip: Replace fresh blueberries with 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries (do not thaw).