Birthday cake ice cream popsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
The best way to ride out this sweltering weather? Ice cream — on steady rotation!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups 3.25% milk
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 8 4-oz paper cups
- 16 Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups coloured cereal , such as Fruit Loops, crushed
White chocolate coating
- 225 g white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- WHISK sugar, custard powder and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in milk and cream and bring to a boil over medium, whisking constantly, until thick, 6 to 8 min. Remove from heat. Whisk in condensed milk and vanilla.
- TRANSFER to a bowl. Set over an ice bath to cool, stirring once or twice, about 20 min.
- DIVIDE sprinkles among paper cups. Divide cream mixture among cups, then freeze for 30 min. Insert 2 Popsicle sticks into each cup, 1 in. apart in centre. Freeze until firm, at least 8 hr, preferably overnight.
- WHITE Chocolate Coating: Melt chocolate, oil and corn syrup in a small bowl set over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Scrape into a liquid measuring cup.
- CUT down the centre between sticks of each cup to create 2 ice cream pops. Remove the paper and dip each half into chocolate coating to cover three-quarters of each pop. Immediately dip in cereal to coat. Return to freezer to set for 5 min.
Watch: How to Make Ice Cream Pops
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 19 g,
- 9 g,
- 82 mg.