No carrot cake is complete without classic cream cheese icing! Slather it over our Carrot Snacking Cakes & Cupcakes (also in the Recipe file). You can try topping them with chopped pecans or toasted coconut or have fun with colourful sprinkles.
Big-batch cream cheese icing
This article has not been rated yet.
3 cups (750 mL), for 2 (9x13-inch/3-L) cakes or 1 cake and 12 cupcakes
- 250-g pkg cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice , or orange liqueur
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until creamy. Gradually beat in icing sugar, then juice and vanilla. Spread over Carrot Snacking Cakes or Cupcakes (in Recipe File). Icing keeps well, covered and refrigerated, up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before using.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 0.4 g,
- 7.8 g,
- 3.7 g,
- 16 mg.