Here’s the all-butter pastry recipe you need to make this blueberry pie.
Best blueberry pieBy Chatelaine
1 h 50 min
- 680 g blueberries , about 4 1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , cube
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 batch all-butter pastry
- 2 tsp coarse sugar
- POSITION rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat to 350F.
- TOSS blueberries with granulated sugar, flour and lemon juice in a large bowl until coated. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until flour is absorbed, 10 min.
- BEAT egg with water in a small bowl. Roll out pastry into a 13-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Lift onto a 9-in. pie plate set on a baking sheet. Press dough over bottom and up sides of plate, leaving a 1-in. overhang. Scrape blueberry mixture evenly into pastry. Dot with butter. Fold pastry over toward centre, overlapping edges. Lightly brush pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- BAKE in bottom third of oven until golden, 1 hour and 25 min. Let stand at least 2 hours before serving, or overnight.
How to make blueberry pie
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 44 g,
- 16 g,
- 3 g,
- 154 mg.