Banana muffinsBy Chatelaine
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large overripe bananas , well mashed (1 cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- PREHEAT oven to 375F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- WHISK flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Divide batter among prepared cups. Top each with 2 small banana chips.
- BAKE until browned and a tester inserted into centre of bread comes out clean, about 18 min. Cool in pan on a rack, 10 min. Remove from pan and let cool completely. Kitchen Tip: Peel overripe bananas and store in freezer bags for the best banana flavour.