Double-chocolate sablé cookiesBy Chatelaine
For these cookies, we drew baking inspiration from Vienna's charming markets and enchanting Alpine traditions. These beautiful and festive holiday cookies will fly off everyone's plates.
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate , about 56 g
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder , preferably Fry's
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate , about 170 g
- 2 tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Fit a large pastry bag with a #9 or large open star tip.
- MICROWAVE dark chocolate on high, 30 sec to 1 min. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. Sift flour with cocoa into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- BEAT butter with sugar and salt in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium- high, until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and melted dark chocolate. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth. Dough will be firm.
- SPOON half of the batter into pastry bag. Pipe into large shell shapes 1 in. apart on prepared sheets by squeezing very hard, letting the batter fan out before pulling the bag toward you to form a point. Refill bag with remaining batter and repeat.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until tops of cookies are firm, 12 to 13 min. Cool on sheets 5 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE white chocolate on high 1 min. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Dip the point of each cookie in melted chocolate, or apply with a brush. Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles over white chocolate. Transfer to a rack to dry chocolate completely before serving, at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. Store cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Double-chocolate sablé cookies
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 2 g,
- 18 g,
- 11 g,
- 1 g,
- 56 mg.