Pistachio and cranberry biscottiBy Chatelaine
1 h 20 min
30 to 35 cookies
Our master biscotti recipe! This cookie can be anything (and everything) you want it to be. Simple swaps and extra touches mean everyone gets to have their favourite kind.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- PRHEAT oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Gather dough together and divide in half on prepared sheet. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-wide and 3/4-in.-high log. Place logs 3 in. apart, as they will spread.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are almost firm but still golden, 30 to 35 min. Remove from oven and let stand until loaves are cool enough to touch, about 10 min. Cut each diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place a rack on baking sheet. Arrange sliced biscotti on rack, cut-side down. Continue baking until very firm and golden brown, 20 to 30 more min. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Chatelaine Quickies: Pecan-cranberry granola
[bc_video video_id=”5117215589001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 2 g,
- 15 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 76 mg.