Updated Nov 8, 2016Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Gather dough together and divide in half on prepared sheet. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-wide and 3/4-in.-high log. Place logs 3 in. apart, as they will spread.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are almost firm but still golden, 30 to 35 min. Remove from oven and let stand until loaves are cool enough to touch, about 10 min. Cut each diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place a rack on baking sheet. Arrange sliced biscotti on rack, cut-side down. Continue baking until very firm and golden brown, 20 to 30 more min.
- DIP one side of biscotti into melted semi-sweet chocolate, scraping off any excess. Firmly dip into finely chopped peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- STORE in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
How to melt chocolate using a double-boiler