Malted milk biscottiBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
30 to 35 cookies
Our biscotti recipe can be anything (and everything) you want it to be! Simple swaps and extra touches to our master cranberry and pistachio recipe mean everyone gets to have their favourite.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder , such as Horlicks
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup malted milk chocolate candies , preferably Maltesers
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips , melted
- PRHEAT oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Stir flour with malted milk powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Gather dough together and divide in half on prepared sheet. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-wide and 3/4-in.-high log. Place logs 3 in. apart, as they will spread.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are almost firm but still golden, 30 to 35 min. Remove from oven and let stand until loaves are cool enough to touch, about 10 min. Cut each diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place a rack on baking sheet. Arrange sliced biscotti on rack, cut-side down. Continue baking until very firm and golden brown, 20 to 30 more min.
- DIP one side of cool biscotti into melted milk chocolate chips, then cover with chopped malted milk balls. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- STORE in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.