Updated Nov 22, 2016Chatelaine
- PRHEAT oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Stir flour with malted milk powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Gather dough together and divide in half on prepared sheet. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-wide and 3/4-in.-high log. Place logs 3 in. apart, as they will spread.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are almost firm but still golden, 30 to 35 min. Remove from oven and let stand until loaves are cool enough to touch, about 10 min. Cut each diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place a rack on baking sheet. Arrange sliced biscotti on rack, cut-side down. Continue baking until very firm and golden brown, 20 to 30 more min.
- DIP one side of cool biscotti into melted milk chocolate chips, then cover with chopped malted milk balls. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- STORE in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
How to melt chocolate using a double-boiler