Mochaccino biscottiBy Chatelaine
30 to 35 cookies
Our biscotti recipe can be anything (and everything) you want it to be! Simple swaps and extra touches to our master cranberry and pistachio recipe mean everyone gets to have their favourite.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 112 g white chocolate
- PRHEAT oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until pale and fluffy. Dissolve 1/4 cup instant espresso in 2 tbsp very hot water. Beat in with eggs. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Gather dough together and divide in half on prepared sheet. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-wide and 3/4-in.-high log. Place logs 3 in. apart, as they will spread.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are almost firm but still golden, 30 to 35 min. Remove from oven and let stand until loaves are cool enough to touch, about 10 min. Cut each diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place a rack on baking sheet. Arrange sliced biscotti on rack, cut-side down. Continue baking until very firm and golden brown, 20 to 30 more min.
- MELT 4 squares white chocolate. Brush tops of cool biscotti with melted white chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- STORE in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.