This easy spread can be made days ahead and frozen 1 to 2 weeks.
Sherried cheddar spread
This article has not been rated yet.
3 cups (750 mL)
- 1 roasted red pepper , store-bought or home-roasted
- 250-g container spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 400-g pkg grated cheddar , about 4 cups
- 1 tsp finely chopped pickled jalapenos , optional
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- celery sticks , optional
- Chop roasted pepper into 1/2-inch (1-cm) pieces. In a food processor, whirl cream cheese with sherry until mixed, scraping down side as necessary. Scrape into a medium-size bowl. Stir in cheddar, roasted pepper and jalapeño pepper. Taste, then add more sherry, if needed. Use right away or cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Before serving, bring to room temperature. Stir in or sprinkle with parsley. Spoon into celery sticks or a serving bowl. Have vegetable crudités or bread sticks for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2.5 g,
- 0.4 g,
- 4.6 g,
- 67 mg.