Updated Nov 24, 2014Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with paper liners.
- STIR flours with baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK warm water with granulated sugar, mayo and cocoa powder in a large bowl, until smooth. Whisk in flour mixture just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon into muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- BAKE in the centre of oven until a cake tester inserted in centre of cupcakes comes out clean, about 30 min. Transfer pan to a rack to cool completely.
- STIR mascarpone with icing sugar and coffee liqueur until smooth. Fit a large piping bag with a 1/2-in. round tip, then fill with mascarpone mixture. Press tip into the middle of each cupcake, pushing out icing until cupcake is filled. Dust with cocoa powder if desired.
Recipe submitted by Rossana Di Chiara, Woodbridge.
I love to experiment and make recipes my own. I also like to be as creative as I can and make something special for my guests. So, in creating this recipe, I thought of putting my two favourite desserts together….cupcakes and tiramisu! It’s a dessert mash-up!
Kitchen tip: Hellmann’s original mayonnaise works best in this recipe.