Get our Milk Punch Marble Cake recipe here.
Homemade Marble CakeBy Chantal Braganza
This cake is the homemade version for Zeke Goodwin's Milk Punch Marble Cake (link to the recipe below), a twist on tres leches that uses whipped cream, toasted coconut, and a Caribbean cream-based cocktail for extra flavour. If you're short on time a store-bought marble cake will also do the trick.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/3 cup 3.25% milk , divided
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 9-in. baking pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl; mix in butter until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Stir together 2 tbsp milk and oil in small bowl; whisk together egg and remaining milk in separate small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat oil mixture into flour mixture on medium speed for 1 min, scraping down side of bowl once. With motor running,
slowly add egg mixture, beating just until combined, scraping down side of bowl once.
- Transfer half of the batter to medium bowl; beat cocoa powder into remaining batter just until combined. Scrape cocoa batter and plain batter alternately into the prepared pan; using tip of knife, swirl together gently.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- Use as directed in Milk Punch Marble Cake recipe.