Get a healthy start with Gwyneth’s favourite gluten- and dairy-free waffles. For a simple yet delicious topper, add the Chatelaine Kitchen’s Maple Berries.
Gwyneth's 'buttermilk' wafflesBy Chatelaine
Get a healthy start with Gwyneth's favourite gluten- and dairy-free waffles.
- 3 cups soy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum , (only if flour doesn't include it)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- canola or grape-seed oil cooking spray
- Stir soy milk with lemon juice in a large bowl and let stand for 10 min. (Mixture should thicken and curdle.)
- Preheat waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Whisk flours with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk vanilla and maple syrup into soy mixture, then combine with flour mixture, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spray waffle maker lightly. Ladle in batter and cook until waffles are golden on both sides, 4 to 7 min. Serve with more maple syrup.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 64 g,
- 5 g,
- 6 g,
- 308 mg.