Kitchen Tip: Use batter right away because the colour will fade as it sits. The heat must be low to prevent browning and keep the purple colour of the berry crepes.
Berry crepes with rosewater Chantilly creamBy Chatelaine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries , thawed and pressed through a sieve to remove seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , melted, plus more for frying
- pinch of salt
Rosewater Chantilly Cream
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- Fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup , (optional)
- COMBINE eggs, milk, berries and jam in a blender and purée on high until very smooth, 1 min. Add flour, butter and salt and whirl just until combined, 10 sec.
- HEAT a medium non-stick frying pan or crepe pan over medium-low and brush lightly with melted butter.
- POUR 1/4 cup batter into centre of pan. Lift pan from burner and tilt to spread a thin, even coating of batter. Cook until top is set, 2 to 3 min. Loosen edges with a spatula and flip carefully. Continue cooking, 1 min. Flip crepe onto a baking sheet and cover with kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
- BEAT cream, sugar and rosewater in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form, about 5 min.
- FILL crepes with chantilly cream and fresh blueberries, then transfer to a serving platter. Serve with maple syrup.
Chatelaine Basics: How To Make Crepes
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 14 g,
- 12 g,
- 36 mg.