Kitchen Tip: We tested with white and black chia seeds and found that white chia absorbs liquid more easily.
Peanut butter and raspberry jam chia parfaitBy Chatelaine
A make-ahead breakfast that's easy to grab when you're in a hurry and need to run out the door. Packed with protein and fresh fruit, this chia parfait is a great way to start the day.
- 2 170-g containers raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds , preferably white
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachios
- peeled and chopped kiwi , optional
- Raspberry Chia Jam: Set 1/2 cup raspberries aside, then mash remaining in a medium bowl with a potato masher. Stir in chia seeds and honey. Refrigerate until mixture thickens, at least 2 hr.
- Parfait: Whisk yogurt with peanut butter in a medium bowl until smooth.
- LAYER 2 tsp chia mixture with heaping 1/4 cup peanut butter yogurt, twice, in each of four 1-cup Mason jars. Top each with 1/2 tsp chia mixture, then reserved raspberries, pistachios and kiwi. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 45 g,
- 27 g,
- 10 g,
- 205 mg.
- Excellent source of