Oat Milk Crepes
Photo, Erik Putz.
Homemade crepes get a plant-based makeover with the addition of flax meal and oat milk.
, preferably Earth's Own brand
, for garnish
- Stir flax meal with 3 tbsp water in a medium bowl. Let stand until thickened, about 10 min.
- Whisk milk, oil and maple syrup into flax meal mixture, then add flour. Whisk until mostly smooth. (It’s okay if small lumps remain.) Whisk in 1⁄4 cup water to loosen batter slightly.
- Heat an 8-in. non-stick frying pan over medium. Scoop 1/3 cup batter into the centre of the hot pan. Lift pan from burner. Quickly tilt pan around to thinly cover bottom. Continue swirling until batter stops moving. Return pan to burner and cook until top is set and bottom is golden, about 1 min. Gently loosen edges with a flexible spatula and carefully flip. Continue cooking until bottom is golden, about 1 min.
- Transfer crepe to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting heat as necessary. Serve crepes with berries and more maple syrup.
- To serve 4 people, make a double batch. Crepes can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered, up
to 2 days.
- To determine the size of your pan, measure the base of the pan (not the top).
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 61 g,
- 13 g,
- 4 g,
- 54 mg.