Green goddess egg salad sandwichBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Wrap each egg salad sandwich in parchment paper to take on the go (bonus: it also keeps them from getting soggy).
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped basil
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 stalk celery , finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes , optional
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1 green tomato , sliced
- BRING a medium pot of water to a boil over high. Reduce heat to medium. Add eggs and vinegar, and simmer for 11 min. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool enough to touch. Peel eggs and coarsely chop. Transfer to a large bowl.
- COMBINE mayo, herbs, yogurt, Dijon and garlic in a food processor. Whirl until smooth, about 1 min. Scrape mayo mixture into bowl with eggs. Stir in celery, green onion, feta, salt and hot pepper flakes. Sandwich egg salad, avocado and tomato between bread slices. Wrap each egg salad sandwich in parchment and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 40 g,
- 33 g,
- 9 g,
- 757 mg.