Plant-Based CrepesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Take these light and delicious dairy-free crepes to the next level by spreading Almond Plant-Based Yogurt inside of each crepe, then top with a simple berry syrup—just heat maple syrup with mixed berries. In partnership with Silk
- 1 cup Silk Oat Beverage Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- maple syrup , (optional)
- Silk Almond Plant-Based Yogurt , (optional, for garnish)
- Assorted berries and maple syrup , (optional, for garnish)
1. Stir flax meal with 3 tbsp water in a medium bowl. Let stand until thickened, about 10 min.
2. Whisk Silk Oat Beverage, oil and maple syrup into flax-meal mixture, then add flour. Whisk until mostly smooth. (It’s okay if small lumps remain.) Whisk in 1/4 cup water to loosen batter slightly.
3. Heat an 8-in. non-stick frying pan over medium. Scoop 1/3 cup batter into the centre of the hot pan. Lift pan from burner and quickly tilt pan around to thinly cover bottom. Continue swirling until batter stops moving. Return pan to burner and cook until top is set and bottom is golden, about 1 min. Gently loosen edges with a flexible spatula and carefully flip. Continue cooking until bottom is golden, about 1 min.
4. Transfer crepe to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting heat as necessary. Serve crepes with berries and more maple syrup. If desired, spread the inside of each crepe with up to 1/4 cup Silk Almond Plant-Based Yogurt.