Updated Nov 24, 2014Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- WHISK egg in a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, mayo, vanilla and bananas until combined.
- STIR flours with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add 3/4 cup walnuts. Fold into banana mixture until no white streaks remain.
- SCRAPE into prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 15 min. Turn out loaf and cool completely, about 30 min.
Recipe submitted by Monique Rouillard, Shefford.
Kitchen Tip: this recipe works best when using Hellmann’s original mayo.