Best-ever banana bread
* PLUS 45 minutes cooling time
Best-ever banana bread recipe
Photo by Roberto Caruso
We partnered with Hellmann's to celebrate its 100th birthday and asked you to submit your very best ideas using its mayo—and, boy, did you deliver with over 2,000 recipes! We're thrilled to showcase our triple-tested blue-ribbon winners.
, peeled and mashed
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- WHISK egg in a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, mayo, vanilla and bananas until combined.
- STIR flours with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add 3/4 cup walnuts. Fold into banana mixture until no white streaks remain.
- SCRAPE into prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 15 min. Turn out loaf and cool completely, about 30 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 54 g,
- 21 g,
- 3 g,
- 322 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin B6
Recipe submitted by Monique Rouillard, Shefford.
Kitchen Tip: this recipe works best when using Hellmann’s original mayo.