King Oyster Mushroom And Shishito Skewers With Harissa SauceBy Chatelaine
Shishito peppers and oyster mushrooms cook quickly on the grill and make for a juicy, flavourful combination. A sauce made with harissa paste and honey and vinegar adds complexity and heat. Ensure crispy mushrooms by keeping them as dry as possible before grilling.—Eshun Mott
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 227 g bag shisito peppers
- 200 g baby king oyster mushrooms , halved lengthwise if thick
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Combine harissa, honey and vinegar in a small bowl. Taste and whisk in up to 2 tbsp oil to decrease the spice level as desired. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Toss peppers and mushrooms with remaining 4 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide among 6 metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked for 30 min).
- Grill for 3 minutes, lid closed and turning once halfway, until vegetables are grill-marked and tender. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with harissa sauce.